Friday, September 26, 2014

Nightbreed

Nightbreedposter.jpg
"Nightbreedposter". Via Wikipedia.

I just saw that next month, they’re finally releasing the restored ‘Nightbreed’ to Blu-Ray. 

I always thought that Nightbreed was the best of Clive Barker’s movies, and even though I’m aware that the ‘suits’ made changes to the theatrical release, and butchered it in editing, I still think it’s a cool creature feature, where the monsters get to be the good guys. Now with the discovery of the missing film footage, we’re going to get the real Nightbreed that Clive Barker wanted. 

I hate to go all full-on horror movie hipster, but I think people who never watched Nightbreed the first time, or rolled their collective eyes at it as being beneath them, should be BANNED from ever getting the chance to watch it. Considering that Nightbreed was something of a flop, that would mean most of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment